Grow Your Own Cress Head
Making your own cress head at home is a fun and inexpensive way to get kids involved in gardening! Here is our step by step guide for you to try it at home:
- Find a container that you can draw on and grow in. This could be an old plant pot, a fibre pot, an empty yogurt pot, the bottom of a plastic bottle or even an old egg shell.
- Get creative and draw on a happy smiling face.
- Put some wet kitchen roll in the bottom of your container and put some damp cotton wool on top of that.
- Evenly spread some cress seeds on top of the cotton wool and press them down gently.
- Put the pot in a warm place that gets some sunlight, like a windowsill.
- Watch the cress grow and the hair fill in! This should happen after about 7 days.
Top tip! Why not make a nice egg & cress sandwich with what you grow; perfect for a nice picnic in the garden!