Creating winter flair - plants for January colour
- Plant in a sunny position, avoiding exposed windy areas.
- Plant in neutral or acid soil.
- Make sure that the plant doesn't dry out or your witch hazel may not produce any flowers!
- Skimmias like part or full shade, they will scorch in full sun.
- They can be planted in just about any soil type as long as it is free draining.
- Skimmias can also be grown and look great in containers!
- Christmas box likes to be planted in full or partial shade.
- An excellent plant for use as unusual ground cover.
- Prune lightly each year to maintain shape and encourage new growth.
So despite the miserable weather and soggy looking gardens, you can inject some well needed colour and wonderful scent into your garden - even in January!Witch Hazel: Skimmia: Christmas Box: