- Available for delivery anywhere in the mainland UK.
- Order for collection at Bagshot, Bybrook Barn, Chelmsford or Shepperton.
- Returns Policy
Click here for more information on returning this product
Easy to use ready-seeded flower carpet with nectar & pollen-rich varieties to attract butterflies.
Unfortunately our butterflies are in serious decline, but the good news is you can help increase the amount of butterflies circulating in your area by planting nectar-rich wildflowers, and the easiest way to do this is using our Butterfly Mat.
Research shows by planting wild flowers makes a huge difference to butterflies, the problem is stopping weeds naturally, without killing precious pollinators, and Butterfly Mat has been scientifically proven to do just this!
This seed mat is made up of two layers of biodegradable tissue paper with wildflower seeds between them. When laid onto prepared soil and covered with a thin layer of clean soil or compost the mat will suppress weeds and encourage germination of flower seeds in the mat.
Butterflies love the varieties within this mixture of perennial, annual and biennial wild flower species, as they are a great source of nectar and pollen.
Easy to plant...
- Prepare and level the ground, remove any weeds and stones before planting. (Mat can be cut down to fit area)
- Lay the mat flat over the ground and cover with approximately 1 cm of clean soil or compost.
- Initially water the area thoroughly to ensure the mat is soaked enough to activate germination.
- Water regularly, especially throughout the warmer summer months.
Contains: Knapweed Mix, Red Campion, Corn Chamomile, Corn Marigold, Betony, Corn Poppy, Lady's Bedstraw, Corn Cockle, Yarrow, Cornflower, Ragged Robin, Hawkweed, Dyers Chamomile, Sweet William and Catchfly.
Your Questions Answered
Be the first to submit a question, click the button to show the form.