Hozelock Bokashi Indoor Kitchen Composter + 1kg Bokashi Bran (4193)
- Available for delivery anywhere in the mainland UK.
- Order for collection at Bagshot, Bybrook Barn or Shepperton.
- Returns Policy
Click here for more information on returning this product
Make more of your food waste with the NEW Hozelock Pure Bokashi Composter which quickly and efficiently recycles and reduces kitchen waste – including cooked food, meat, fish and small bones that usually can’t go into your garden composter. There are no unpleasant odours as the process starts with the addition of a bran containing friendly natural microorganisms that reduce the waste anaerobically and produces a useful fertiliser for your houseplants or garden.
At the end of the process you can simply add the “pickled” compost to your garden compost bin, where it acts an accelerator, or dig it directly into your garden beds. The Pure Bokashi Composter can easily be stored in any kitchen – in a cupboard, a pantry or on the counter – making the whole process of composting amazingly compact, clean and clever.
The environmentally friendly Pure Bokashi Composter bridges waste disposal in the kitchen and composting in the garden creating nutrient rich fertiliser for your plants.
What is Bokashi composting?
What are the big advantages of Bokashi composting?
Bokashi Composter- How to use it?
- Scatter 20ml of activator at the bottom of the bucket, on top of the drain tray.
- Add your first layer of food scraps. Cutting them into smaller bits. You can add almost all food waste including cheese, meat, fish, salad with bits of dressing, eggs, eggshells, bones etc.
- Use the levelling trowel supplied to press down the waste (eliminate air pockets)
- Sprinkle 20ml of bran over the waste. Cover the Bucket with the lid, making sure there is a tight seal. It is an anaerobic process, therefore the less air the better.
- The 1st liquid appears after 3 to 5 days . Depending on the waste, the air still present in the composter, the degree of hydration etc. the liquid fertiliser may take longer to be extracted.
- When the bucket is full, do not open it for 14 days. Continue every 3 to 5 days to drain the fermentation liquid.
- The liquid fertiliser should be diluted to a 1/100 dosage.
- After 14 days the compost (digestate) is ready to be used. The waste will not change in appearance, however it is chemically changed. The digestate content is rich in essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. The content is ready when the smell is like vinegar.
- Either place in your outdoor composter, in order to enrich your own compost or bury the digestate waste directly into the ground to fertilise your soil.
- 1 x 16L Bokashi bucket with tap
- 1 x 1kg Bokashi bran
- 1 x Trowel
- 1 x Drain sieve
- 1 x Dosing cup
- 1 x Dosing scoop
- 1 x Instructions
Your Questions Answered
Be the first to submit a question, click the button to show the form.